Illinois Libertarian Convention 2014
Come one, come all to the Libertarian Party of Illinois Convention from September 12th through 14th at the Holiday Inn in Bolingbrook.
Charge up your liberty batteries by enjoying the company of fellow enthusiasts, adding to your liberty toolbox, and being inspired by our speakers and candidates.
One Liberty–stuffed Weekend
Convention registration begins at 6 pm and the doors open at 7. Munchies will be provided along with a cash bar. Highlights:
- A Candidate Forum led by Political Division Director Lex Green and starring a batch of our statewide candidates including Illinois Governor Candidate Chad Grimm and US Senate Candidate Sharon Hansen (both right)
- The “Libertarian Freedom Show” with host Brian Lambrecht, Chair of the DuPage Libertarians
It’s free to attend on Friday, so if you know someone who is interested, but doesn’t want to commit to the weekend, bring them along.
It’s a non–stop day, with registration starting at 8 am and the first session at 8:30, featuring:
- Jim Goebel, Lec Zorn and Eric Ferguson from The Side Project – LIVE! interviewing our candidates on the Libertarian Good Morning Wake–up Show
- “Cannabis prohibition, the drug war and liberty based values”, with Illinois NORML Executive Director Dan Linn. Illinois NORML Executive Director Dan Linn
- A "Who's Driving?" interactive workshop, where you will help put Libertarian candidates in the driver's seat
- Lunch speaker Julie Fox (right), presenting “Compromise or Divide – Where do we go from here?”
- Libertarian Jeopardy – answers and questions with our own twist
- Illinois State University Professor Terry Noel (right) presenting “Liberty and Money: The Bitcoin Story”
- A “What’s in your Liberty Outreach Toolbox?” panel discussion with Paul Clark, Jeni Floyd, Jim Goebel, Crystal Jurczynski, Dianna Visek, and Andrew Wikel
- A Libertarian Happy Hour Q&A with Libertarian National Party leaders Wes Benedict and Evan McMahon
- Nationally award-winning journalist, Ben Swann (right), our banquet Keynote Speaker, will present “How Liberty Wins Over Fascism.”
Party business is on the docket for Sunday, with membership verification* starting at 8 am and the meeting starting at 8:30. Those who want to shape the future of the Party attend to:
- Learn more about Party operations
- Edit the bylaws (Read current bylaws) (See proposed changes)
- Elect officers – this year, State Chair, Vice Chair, Secretary, Treasurer, Deputy Secretary, and Deputy Treasurer are all up for election
- Endorse candidates for 2015 and 2016 elections
- Volunteer for the 2015 Convention Committee and the Judicial Committee
Our Sunday lunch speaker will be Libertarian National Campaign Committee Executive Director Evan McMahon presenting "Libertarian Leadership in a Two-Party World".
*There is no charge to attend on Sunday, but to vote at the business meeting, you must be a LP Illinois member as of 8/14/2014. Join now
Two packages are available for attendees: The Gold package provides access to all speakers and activities, plus lunch and dinner on Saturday. The Silver package provides access to the same speakers and activities and allows you to purchase meals individually. Early bird discounts are available through Friday, August 31.
The Holiday Inn is located at 205 Remington Blvd. in Bolingbrook. We have a special hotel room rate guaranteed through August 29 that includes 2 Breakfast Buffet vouchers per night’s stay.
To register, visit www.bolingbrookholidayinn.com and use the Group Code “LPI”. If you need additional assistance, call 630.679.1600 and ask for the Sales Department.
If you have any questions about this great weekend of liberty, Contact Convention Chair, Lupe Diaz, or call him at 309-287-8914.