What's Happening in the Libertarian Party of Illinois. Click on an Event for more Details
- FEB21Lake County Business MeetingChapter: Libertarian Party of Lake CountyTacos El Norte, 1590 S Milwaukee Ave, Libertyville, ILOur monthly business meeting normally consists of a discussion on the current happenings in Lake County as well as around the state. We often entertain state and local level candidates for meet-and-greats. And it is also where we plan future events and vote on any chapter level business. We hope to see you there!
- FEB21South Central Libertarians Candidates' ForumDivision: OtherNu Bowl Lanes in Mount VernonOur monthly business meeting will be proceeded by a candidates' forum. Jon Stewart, Kash Jackson, Matthew Scaro, Bubba Harsy, Sanj Mohip, and (tentatively) David Williams III will be present to speak about their campaigns and answer questions from the audience.
Following our forum, we will hold our regular business meeting.
- FEB25Libertarian Governor Debate Live! on WPFSDivision: Politicalhttp://dept.monmouthcollege.edu/wpfs/listen-to-us/On February 25th the final Libertarian gubernatorial debate will occur before the convention at which the Libertarian Party Nominee for Governor will be decided. This debate will be broadcast live on WPFS 105.9 and streamed world wide via the WPFS website and the Tune In App.
Be sure to listen in at noon to hear the debate between former professional wrestler Jon Stewart, Navy veteran Kash Jackson, and entrepreneur Matt Scaro. Hosted by the Brody Anderson from Wall to Wall Politics.
- MAR022018 State ConventionDivision: LP IllinoisParke Regency, Bloomington ILFor more information please go to our Convention Page HERE
- MAR07McLean Business MeetingChapter: McLean County Libertarian Party706 South Eldorado Road, Bloomington, IL 61704In March, we are welcoming State Senator Jason Barickman, the only Republican Senator who voted to legalize gay marriage in Illinois and the only Republican Senator who has publicly announced that he supports full legalization of cannabis. We will have him speak, share our libertarian perspective, and ask him questions.
If you haven't done so already, please start collecting petition signatures in the City of Bloomington for our ballot referendum in November to dissolve the Bloomington Election Commission. If everyone in the chapter collects one full sheet of petitions per month, then we will meet our signature goal by July. For more information or to print off the petition sheet, please visit http://www.mcleancountylp.org/activism
- MAR15DuPage Libertarians Monthly Meeting March 2018Chapter: DuPage LibertariansThe American Tap Pub & Grill @ 701 W. Lake St., Addison, ILThe meeting starts at 7pm, but social hour begins at 6pm; feel free to show up early and mingle with like-minded individuals. As always, our meetings are free, all ages, and open to the public.
- MAR15DuPage Libertarians Monthly Meeting March 2018Chapter: DuPage LibertariansThe American Tap Pub & Grill @ 701 W. Lake St., Addison, ILWe have a great meeting lined up for March that features an excellent guest speaker talking about a topic near and dear to the hearts of many libertarians.
Did you know that the U.S. government is the largest publisher in the world? Kate Nadolski will be discussing government documents: what they are, how to access government documents and why these resources are important to know about. Highlights of this talk will include how to start a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request as well as how to begin your research using government documents.
Kate Nadolski is a self-described "library geek" and has been an independent researcher for seven years. Before staring her own research business, she has worked in academic, special, and corporate libraries and archives. She has been involved with the Libertarian Party for over ten years and is currently the chair of the South Cook County chapter. She holds a M.S. degree in Library and Information Science from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
We will also be discussing the outcome from the state convention, running down the final notes leading up to the petition drive, and going over last minute campaign adjustments.
Meeting starts at 7pm, social hour begins at 6pm. As always, our meetings are free, all ages, and open to the public.
- MAR17Tri-Counties LP Business MeetingChapter: Tri-Counties Libertarian PartyCharro Mexican Restaurant – 512 N. Webster St., TaylorvilleMeeting agenda TBD
Original meeting day/time: March 3, 12 Noon - postponed due to Libertarian Party of Illinois state convention